Cleaning Technique is committed to managing, mitigating and continually improving, where practicable, its environmental risks and impacts.
Where practicable we shall set objectives and targets that will be monitored and reviewed to evaluate the effectiveness of this environmental policy. Environmental performance will be regularly and openly communicated against these criteria.
- Aim to carry out our business activities with respect and care for the environment, our neighbours and local communities.
- Plan and manage our environmental impacts and actively seek to develop opportunities to positively protect and enhance the environment.
- Practice good housekeeping
- To comply with appropriate environmental legislation and other requirements at all times related to our environmental risks
- Minimise waste and to carry out our activities in order to mitigating pollution and nuisance to our neighbours
- Build good relationships with the local communities
- Maintain and raise environmental awareness throughout the company.
- Aim to reduce our Green House Gas emissions
We are committed to the development and maintenance of an open dialogue culture which will include the communication of this environmental policy to our employees, suppliers, customers, sub-contractors and other stakeholders.
We shall look to monitor, manage and reduce our use of energy and to evaluate alternative renewable energy technologies for implementation where they may be practicable.
Subject to suitability for purpose, low emission vehicles will be operated. We will aim to minimise mileage driven by our vehicles as long as customer service is not compromised. We shall evaluate alternative fuel technologies where they may be practicable. All staff will be encouraged to drive in a fuel efficient and safe manner. We shall encourage staff who wish to use alternative forms of transport or vehicle share for journeys to and from their place of work.
We shall establish and maintain systems to avoid pollution of the environment and harm to human health. This will include procedures for safe handling, disposal and containment of substances that have the potential to cause pollution.
We shall ensure responsible management of our own wastes encouraging reuse and recycling to minimise disposal to landfill. We shall dispose of our wastes in strict compliance with legislation.
Management of Water
We shall monitor, review and manage the impacts of our operations on water resources and have effective measures in place to prevent pollution. Where appropriate we shall conserve and reduce our use of mains water through recycling and use of rainwater harvesting opportunities.
We shall, where possible, endeavour to source materials locally, from responsible suppliers with an emphasis on recycled, or recyclable or sustainable products.
This policy has been defined and endorsed at the highest level to ensure that it is appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impact of the company’s operations.