Toxic Toilet Mix
Welcome to the Autumn news, where there’s a tale of warning to be heard!
You may have seen the reports in the media, detailing a Surrey landlord who was cleaning his toilets for opening time. In doing this he unwittingly poured a toilet descaler and bleach into the toilet at the same time, this then reacted and produced chlorine, with a toxic vapour. Fortunately for him, the fire services were quick in their response and although he suffered inhalation, chest pains and irritation to his eyes, there will be no long term damage.
Roger Bibbings, occupational safety adviser at the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, said: “It is important to read materials’ hazard data sheets and the labels on cleaning products.
Many cleaning substances are hazardous and if handled incorrectly, they can cause irritation, inflammation or chemical burns. Mixing chemical products together is extremely dangerous and can produce toxic vapours such as chlorine.”
We at Cleaning Technique would like to reassure that our COSHH policy is rigorously adhered to and that our operatives are trained at the beginning of their employment on safe usage of chemicals, they may use in your work place.
If your concern is the effect on the environment of some of these chemicals used by cleaning companies, then please be assured wherever possible we use environmentally friendly products and recycle containers.
When we began our partnership with your company, you will have received a copy of our environment and health & safety policies, if this has been misplaced please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to provide you with a current copy, or see cleaningtechnique.co.uk, where you will find the relevant policies displayed.
If you are interested in viewing the lastest Ecoforce products, we stock, or discussing a deep clean of areas not currently included on our cleaning schedule,
Until next time,