The safety and wellbeing of our staff, at their specific sites, is paramount to us at Cleaning Technique. We have moved swiftly to implement any additional guidance during the coronavirus outbreak and it now is clear that businesses across all sectors will have new ways of working for the foreseeable future.
The Government issued guidelines on May 11th 2020 to assist businesses to follow 5 steps to Safer Working Together. As an essential cleaning service provider, this company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus.
Cleaning Technique has a detailed risk assessment, identifying measures to control the risk that COVID 19 poses to our staff, clients, their staff and visitors.
Due to the nature of our business in providing an essential office cleaning service to businesses across a 40 mile radius, we only have our office manager working remotely from home.
We have regular clear and concise communication with our cleaning operatives and they have been given the measures detailed in our risk assessment and how it applies to their individual site.
The points highlighted are
- importance of handwashing & handwashing technique guide
- staying at home and self- isolating for 7 days if experiencing symptoms of coronavirus, a high fever, cough, loss of smell taste & reporting these to us
- where possible avoid public transport and walk cycle drive to site
- working at a 2 metre distance from other operatives another and anyone on the client’s site, whether working or on rest breaks
- sites are serviced by a single cleaning operative or cleaning operatives in a fixed team, not on rotation
- those working together in vehicles to be a household group, practice social distancing where possible, or wearing a face covering with increased ventilation in the vehicle
- keeping contact/ touch surfaces clean, by increasing the frequency of cleaning with disposable blue roll and detergent
- Operatives have also be issued with their own pen for completing signing in records.
- The wellbeing, including the mental health of all that work at Cleaning Technique will be prioritised, encouraging employees to share any concerns they have .
Staff at Cleaning Technique have always had PPE in accordance with HSE guidance for our industry. This is now enhanced with the issue of
- a visor for all staff to wear when working.
- Different PPE measures put in place for certain specific sites, such as health and social care settings , or if any of our operatives have underlying health conditions.
Guidance for Working Safely during Coronavirus Section 5 sets out responsibilities for individual businesses to have a clean workplace with additional hand washing facilities or hand sanitiser, switching to paper towels rather than air or roller driers and to increase the frequency of cleaning. We have these facilities at our head office and seek to assist our clients by
- updating all our clients as to the measures being taken within their existing cleaning schedule to maintain a high standard of cleaning and assisting with any increased requirements.
- Issuing a printable hand washing technique poster to laminate and prominently display as a visual reminder to all that use the building
- Availability of hand sanitiser, antibacterial spray and hand wash to purchase
- Availability of paper products such as hand towels and blue roll to purchase
- Advising where possible Clients have a sanitising station for their own staff to regularly wipe down high contact areas during the day
- Reducing deliveries of washroom products to once per month
- Contactless deliveries – suspension of signature requirements client to check delivery from a distance of 2m