Are you Confident Your Clinic Cleaning Complies with CQC Standards
A clean health or social care environment is important in the prevention and control of infections to ensure patient and staff safety and to give confidence in the quality of the service provided. Cleaning Operatives play an important role in improving and maintaining this quality of the care environment.
Legislation set out in the Health & Social Care Act 2008 states that any service providing health or social care in England must register with Care Quality Commission (CQC)
The CQC is an independent regulator. Through monitoring and inspections the CQC ensures that any regulated care provided meets Government standards of safety and quality. These service providers can be an organisation, private company, the NHS, the local authority or a charity and must comply with CQC standards to remain operational.
Regulation 15 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulations 2014) sets out guidance for cleanliness in the environment. It suggests cleaning frequencies and measuring performance outcomes, but the CQC expects providers to risk assess the required frequency of cleaning and have in place their own systems for managing and monitoring the prevention and control of infection.
Although the weight of this regulation for a clean clinic environment lies with the service provider, it can be relieved by regular CQC compliant cleaning.
We provide a range of clinical cleaning services
When considering if a cleaning company has the ability and knowledge to carry out CQC complaint cleaning, they should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Have a good understanding of the CQC cleaning standards
- Have a clear, agreed cleaning routine that is unique to each clinic, which should be available and on display.
- Have a training program for new employees, to ensure adherence to standards.
- Have a set of specific responsibilities for each Cleaning Operative to enable efficient cleaning, management and monitoring.
- The Cleaning Operatives will have appropriate workwear and cleaning products.
- Have an agreed system for the clinic staff to request additional cleaning, both urgently and routinely.
Cleaning Technique Ltd has over 35 years’ experience of cleaning in a wide variety of health and social care settings.
We take pride in our work and have consistently shown the ability to clean to CQC standards.
Our team gives you peace of mind that your clinic is clean and hygienic, facilitating the safe prevention and control of infection.
For a quote contact us or visit www.cleaningtechnique.co.uk